1) cut your wood to the size you want your sign to be. home depot and lowes will cut wood for you if you don’t have your own saw.
3) remove the tape and paint the border with any colour and or pattern you like. I used deco art americana paint.
4) I used word art on my computer for the letters and transferred them onto the wood using graphite paper available here and at most craft stores.
5) paint the letters and use the same method as above to add any pictures you want on your sign.
6) you can either use eyelet screws or drill holes through the wood to add wire, rope, chain or ribbon to hang the sign. I drilled holes and used wire for this sign and added beads to the wire. I also painted and glued on a little piece of wood trim to hold the chalk. I used PL premium glue. It’s tough stuff.